Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Update on Haiti Move!


I've had thoughts about updating my blog for months, but for some reason it's been difficult for me to actually sit down and write this blog out! I feel like I don't have tons to update since I am not currently in Haiti, but I did want to make sure I got a few updates out before I actually move!

I have less than six weeks until my move to Haiti! I will arrive in Haiti on September 9th. I will be moving out of my home here in Lincoln August 31st which will allow me time to spend a week with my family as well as a weekend in Dallas with some of my with some of my best friends, Jake and Alli! I have spent much of the past two months spending time with friends, going to the Omaha Reservation in Walthill, NE for a third summer, teaching summer school, enjoying my last few weeks at Grace Chapel, and writing lots of emails to figure out life in Haiti!

It's been a challenge at times to continue to live life here in Lincoln while at the same time preparing to move to Haiti. I have been so blessed in my seven years here in Lincoln with an amazing group of friends to live life with. I am truly going to miss going to Grace Chapel each Sunday, my community group, teaching alongside my ExCITE team at Arnold, and my many other friends.  However, all the things that make Lincoln hard to leave all make the transition easier too. I'm so thankful for friends and colleagues who have encouraged me and are excited for me about my move to Haiti. I have been reminded many times over the past few weeks by my friends and family to rest in the peace I have in Christ. Despite my fear of loneliness, defeat, failure, or anything else that is coming at me I KNOW beyond a shadow of doubt that God's hand is in this move!

According to my last support update from Child Hope, I have about 60% of my monthly costs supported. I have several other people who have pledged to donate as well but have not yet set this up with Child Hope. I have also raised 80% of the support for my monthly Haiti cell phone, Internet, and other needs.  I am beyond blessed by how supportive people have been in supporting me in Haiti! It has confirmed many times that this adventure is indeed what God has called me to do! :) So THANK YOU! If you are interested in contributing you can follow this link to set up monthly donations or give a one time donation that will go directly towards my living expenses in Haiti: Kristine Haiti Funds. Several people have also asked about how to send support by mail after I move to Haiti. If you are interested in doing that you can send support to:
Child Hope International
Preference: Kristine Fry
1225 Coast Village Rd Suite C
Santa Barbara, CA 93108

Make sure to write my name on the check as well so it will be put into my account.

It was also one of my fundraising desires to raise money to purchase an iPad for teaching. I have had about half of the support for this raised and last week I was able to purchase an iPad mini since Target had a deal on them! I have spent many hours trying to find apps that will aid me in my teaching in Haiti! It's amazing how many bad apps there are! :)  I will spend the next few weeks adding in my real pictures of items for use in my classroom and continuing to look for helpful apps.

 It is my hope to update my blog several times a month once I am actually in Haiti! I also hope to send out a monthly prayer support letter via email as well. If you are interested in receiving that please let me know and I will add you to the list! Your prayers mean the world to me! I know that I will not be able to do anything in Haiti without the prayers support from friends and family back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment