Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Things I Miss & Things I Love

Today I was pondering the hardships and joys of living in Haiti. There are so many things I miss about Lincoln and life in the US, but everyday I am reminded in some small way of all the things I would be missing if I didn't live here.

Things I really miss:
- Fall weather and fall trees
- My friends
- Grace Chapel
- Sweatpants
- Husker Football
- My family- especially my adorable two year old niece!
- My homey apartment
- Scarfs and boots

Things I love about Haiti:
- Smiles from this kid (and so many others):























- This view when I walked home today:























- The joy of teaching these kids:

















- My new friends:



















- Getting to watch this boy be the sweetest big brother ever:

- and so much more that I don't have pictures for:
* Wednesday and Saturday night worship in the Bens
* Weekly thunderstorms
* Awesome dance parties
* Having the neighborhood boys walk us everywhere so we "stay safe"
* Rooftop sunset watching
* Getting to live in the same country as my Haitian Brothers: Ricardo, Bijou, Anthony, Lambert, Peterson, Novak, Gasner, and Maradona
* Learning another language
* Sunday worship with my Haitain brothers and sisters in Christ



I'm so blessed to be able live in this beautiful country!

No comments:

Post a Comment