My heart is divided and whole at the same time. I've realized recently it's because my heart now has two homes: Haiti and Nebraska. Both places are incredible special to me with all their similarities and differences.
| The view by my home in Lincoln |
| The view by my home in Haiti |
I leave Haiti soon and it makes me so incredibly sad. I love this country, its people, and its beauty! I've learned so much from Haiti this year: how to share, how to love, how to grieve without losing hope, how I NEED Jesus everyday, how to be a friend, and so many more things I don't even know how to write about.
But at the same time I'm excited to go back to Nebraska. I've missed worshipping at Grace Chapel, walking alongside my sister during her cancer journey, watching my nieces grow up, teaching preschool at Arnold with my teammates, the quietness of nature, attending family events, and living life with my friends.
So my heart is torn. It wishes it could be in both homes at the same time.
//Teaching at MDL and Arnold//
//Worshiping with both church families//
//Living life with both groups of friends//
//Being with both sides of my family//
//The beauty of both places//
//Loving on all my babes//
This feeling of my heart having two homes often reminds me of C.S. Lewis' quote in Mere Christianity, "If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." Living in the States and Haiti has given me a larger picture of God's character, love, and heart. My one heart with two homes is ready for the time when Jesus will come back and make it all one home with Him in Heaven.



No comments:
Post a Comment