The past two weeks have been filled with learning about living here, organizing the books at the school, getting to know the boys and girls at the homes, helping with feeding program, learning how to wash clothes by hand (which honestly the little girls can still do better than me!), and getting to know the American and Haitian staff. It was so nice last week at the end of a week to not have to leave Haiti like each previous time. I'm so excited to be here for longer and to continue to develop the relationships here. I'll be honest there is a huge part of me that already is dreading how fast this year is going to go.
School starts on October 2nd so I have a little over a week to finish getting lesson plans done, my materials organized, etc. I'm glad I have had this time prior to school starting to get more adjusted. I start Creole lessons tomorrow which I'm super excited about! I'm amazed at how much Creole I do know when people start talking, but I know I have so much further to go to be able to truly communicate with the feeding program kids and my neighbors.
No comments:
Post a Comment