I left Lincoln, my home for the past 7 years, on Sunday. Lots of tears flowed as I said goodbye to so many dear friends, attended Grace Chapel for the last Sunday (at least for now), and left the Cornhusker State. I'm incredibly excited to go to Haiti and teach, but it's bittersweet at the moment. My intention was never to stay in Nebraska this long. I sincerely thought I'd teach for a year or two to get some experience and then head back to Minnesota. I'm so thankful that God had other plans. I doubt I'd be going to Haiti if I hadn't moved to Lincoln, and I certainly wouldn't have the amazing friendships I do.
Mindy Smith has a song called Tennessee that I love so here's my paraphrased version of her loveliness.
"(Lincoln), you've been good to me
Yes, I've come to believe you're where I wanna be
You may not be what everybody needsbut (Lincoln), you're good enough for me
I can see stars shining in your night
Your daytime seems like Cash and Patsy Cline
They may not be what everybody needs
But they touch my soul
That's good enough for me
It's been (seven) years now, and I'm rooted in your soil
I am rooted in your soil
Give me ten more years, I'll be rooted in your soil
Right here in your soil
You may not be what I will always need
But I call you home
If I can call you home
Then you're good enough for me."
Thanks Lincoln for a great seven years!
I fly to Haiti MONDAY! I would appreciate prayers for safe travels (especially since I actually kinda hate to fly), and for my luggage to all make it to Haiti! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment